joining the regulars from the TA

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by the_creature, Sep 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I were to go to a recruitment office and join up full time from being in the TA would It be classed as re-enlisting
  2. No, if you are not an ex-regular. However if you are infantry and have completed all or part of WTS you will be exempt all or part of regular infantry recruit training. (Assuming you are joining the infantry.)

    Edited to add - the ACIO may not know this, and if it applies, you should take the relevant DIN with you (ask your PSAO / PSI).
  3. It should be classed as a change of engagement.
  4. You haven't got the minerals.
  5. WTS? Whats that then
  6. Yes it can be done! Howver... You must have done an op tour and be within 12 months. if so, you complete the normal application forms along with AF203 and a RG8 medical form, you have interveiw at carrers office, all this gets sent upto glasgow, then onto unit, if they have space and they agrre to take you, paperwork gets sent back to glasgow, they look at numbers for re-enlisters and re-joiners, ikf they havent filled theie quota (corps/branch specific) then you report to your unit, job done.

    Cant really speak for corps, thats inf only. however im sure it varies from unit to unit, some may require you to attend selection, or some sort of assesment. And be warned insure you are fully breifed up on the process and have the relevent DIN in writing, and possibly take a officer in the know along with you as some careers offices dont have a clue of the process and are a little out of the loop of this system.
  7. the_boy_syrup

    the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

    Wouldn't he have to put his previous service details including TA on the application forms anyway
    They would be sent to Glasgow and they would pick up what he's done and get his service records out