Joining the regulars but currently in the application process for the TA

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Disaveli, Jul 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone,

I've just passed selection for the TA and attending an interview with an WO2 soon where I think they'll be offering me the job. The thing is, I'm extremely interested in the regulars and going full-time. What I want to know is would I have to go through all the application process (application, interviews, medical, selection) again to join?

2. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

yes, doing TA basic and a bit of army life wont hurt though and may give you an idea whether its for you or not. you can do a deployment or an s type if you like it then switch across later

3. To be honest fella, if you want the best of both worlds as well call it, than the TA is for you, as grumble explained you can opt for a tour and see how you find it, to be honest I contemplating the regs in your younger days and all I ever hears since being a STAB when out on the piss is is off duty regs moaning like a bunch of ***** about STABS, there is just as much oppertunity for the part-times like us as the regulars, you can do just about most of the same courses and stuff, yup, we've got TA-Them, TA-Army Commandos, TA-Everything wooooo! The good life... plus you can hold down a well paid job AND jump into DPM at the weekend :eye:

4. Haha. Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.