Joining the RAFVR(T) as an officer with epilespy - is it possible??

I know it doesn't seem terribly likely, I'm enquiring anyway, so that I'll know for sure once way or the other.

B

bumgrapes

I know it doesn't seem terribly likely, I'm enquiring anyway, so that I'll know for sure once way or the other.

Stay away from the bar on disco night though

I have no idea but there is a form you can fill in here to get the answer you seek.
Air Cadets - Volunteer profiles

There are also roles as a Civilian Instructor which I know for a fact doesn't have any medical restrictions.

That will possibly be sufficient, but they generally look for people with considerably greater physical disabilities, mental instability and/or a more serious debilitating illness.

At this stage, focus on getting your BMI 30+.

B

bumgrapes

Genuinely, best of luck though

Zag42

Old-Salt
If it is for Cadets, one of our adult sgt's has epilepsy. He applied for a position as an officer but I'm 99% certain he didn't get it due to suitability rather than medical issues. I would assume RAF VRT medical requirements are the same regardless.

Mattb

LE

I used to be one, and I don't recall there being any sort of medical requirements at all (one of my colleagues for example had half the usual compliment of legs).

But bear in mind I don't think you can direct-enter as an officer anyway - unless you're ex-serving or current cadet/NCO/CI then you'd need to be a CI first.

TBH Arrse isn't really the best place, I'd try somewhere like Air Cadet Central which has more air cadet experience and generally fewer jokes about ephebophilia.

Talking out of my bum, via a mobile telephone.

Latest Threads