joining the paras

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by harry1185, Feb 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all i'm new to this site, just signed up:) I'm part way through signing up to be a para, i've had my barb test, got 89:) and am waiting for a date for my next interview. I've read that there's no more jumping until 2011 though! Is that true?! How likely do you guys thinki t is the paras will end up being linked up with another regiment? I'm starting to consider the marines because i don't here about anything happening to them and they're equally tough aren't they?
  2. Their was some stuff in the papers but to the best of my knowledge the Para’s will carry on jumping.
  3. Harry1185, Many, many moons ago I was in the same position as you, I applied for the Paras and the Marines at the same time, I went through the joining up procedure and eventually was excepted by both.

They are both excellent.

My brother was a Para and my father was a Marine, I ended up becoming a Royal Marine....the reason?....they gave me a quicker join up date, that was all.

If you really have your heart set on being a Para then go for it,you wont hear a bad word from me. or try both, who knows....? :mrgreen:
  4. Parachuting isn't being binned. As for amalgamating with another unit. Not a chance! Ever!
  5. hells bells w_b and there I was lusting after your avatar
  6. hells bells w_b and there I was lusting after your avatar
  7. I have a fetish about shoving it up some wren occifers wrong 'un.......doesn't make me a bad person though..... :thumright:
  8. It seems you might have more chance of a jump in the Wrens.
  9. Fantastic user name for a potential para.
  10. That's what they all say. Stand by to become part of HM's the Royal Infantry Regiment (Guards, Rifles and Scots).

You'll be the 4 Bn Royal Infantry (Parachute and Fijian).

No1 dress will be Red Beret and arrseless sarong. :numberone:
  11. Yeah, cheers you stinking hat. Have you ever wondered why we've never had a Battalion binned? We don't wear red berets either you mong.
  12. ???
  13. Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Unless it's from me! :thumright:
  14. Dunno I'll ask someone in 10 or 15 Para. Sorry about the beret - at least I got the sarong right :flower: :winkrazz: