Joining the parachute regiment soon...

What would you advise my fitness be like, because people say they can run a mile and a half in 7 minutes... but can they do more than 40 press ups in two minutes?

what i'm wondering is, could anyone give me a good idea of how many press ups/sit ups in 2 minutes i should be able to do aswel as a good run time?

atm i'm at about 45-50 press ups and 60 sit ups, and my run usually comes between 8:30-9:00 minutes, is that good enough?

btw i have until july-september to prepare.

sparky1 said:
What would you advise my fitness be like, because people say they can run a mile and a half in 7 minutes... but can they do more than 40 press ups in two minutes?

what i'm wondering is, could anyone give me a good idea of how many press ups/sit ups in 2 minutes i should be able to do aswel as a good run time?

atm i'm at about 45-50 press ups and 60 sit ups, and my run usually comes between 8:30-9:00 minutes, is that good enough?

btw i have until july-september to prepare.
As far as run-time goes, for the ADSC in order to be selected for Para requirement you must have your 1.5 mile run in under 9:30 seconds. However dont just focus on sit - up and press - ups, you have to perform different types of muscular endurance tests on your ADSC, like pull ups, jerry can carry and weight lifts e.t.c.

The BFT I think asks for 55 sit ups in two minutes and 44 press ups in two minutes.

I've had my interview and applied for the para's too, so i'll see you on the train mate.

I run more often then i do other exercises, my run times usually just under 9 mins,. I'm pretty weak tho, should concentrate more on muscles.
How often do you train?

Having been on the sh-t end of some f-cking hard trng in my past , Getting the physical fitness will come over time , you will be built up over a period to test standards , thats the PT staffs main effort through your training , saying that have you prepared your mental state to some serious f-cking hardship, theres more to being a s/f soldier than being able to run a bit quick. hope that helps you young fella me lad , good luck