Joining the Guards

Do you only do ceremonial duties for your first 6 months?
Depends on whatever the Battalions are doing/got planned.

For example SG are currently getting ready to move back up to Catterick from Aldershot. They are moving onto the new vehicles, damned if i can remember what ones, then they will be getting ready to deploy to a couple of places later in the year. I have read elsewhere that it is averaging 6 - 12 months in F company before going to the Battalion.

Email

Clanker
The British army website says that the Irish Guards is light role infantry but wikipedia says Light mechanized infantry - Which one is it?

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
The British army website says that the Irish Guards is light role infantry but wikipedia says Light mechanized infantry - Which one is it?
My advice... What do you want to do?
Look at the whole army. Royal Engineers especially

Email

Clanker
My advice... What do you want to do?
Look at the whole army. Royal Engineers especially
I want to do something combat based, Infantry or Cavalry. I have been told by several people that being in a infantry battalion is a very different (But better) experience than being in a large corps like RE.

MR_R_SOLE

Old-Salt
I want to do something combat based, Infantry or Cavalry. I have been told by several people that being in a infantry battalion is a very different (But better) experience than being in a large corps like RE.
Well if your good looking and hung like a grand national winner then the Guards is the place for you ( With the exception of the Grenider Guards as they all have tiny willy's and have faces like a pile of melted legos) If your exceeding good looking hung like a Grand National winner and large of Bicep then The Coldstream Guards is for you.

Kindest regards
MR_R_SOLE
( exceeding good looking well hung and large of bicep ex Coldstreamer)

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
Mate some of the sappers where better soldier than infantry. Plus you get a trade. I left the the engineers on posting in 2012. They were the only unit I knew that played hard and partied harder then, apart from the REME LAD

Email

Clanker
Well if your good looking and hung like a grand national winner then the Guards is the place for you ( With the exception of the Grenider Guards as they all have tiny willy's and have faces like a pile of melted legos) If your exceeding good looking hung like a Grand National winner and large of Bicep then The Coldstream Guards is for you.

Kindest regards
MR_R_SOLE
( exceeding good looking well hung and large of bicep ex Coldstreamer)
I am extremely good looking and I can make my pecs dance so I think the Guards are the place for me.
Mate some of the sappers where better soldier than infantry. Plus you get a trade. I left the the engineers on posting in 2012. They were the only unit I knew that played hard and partied harder then, apart from the REME LAD
I don't need a trade as I already have something sorted for after I leave the army.

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
I am extremely good looking and I can make my pecs dance so I think the Guards are the place for me.

I don't need a trade as I already have something sorted for after I leave the army.
Go on then.
Do you have to join the Guards to get the money, going officer?

MR_R_SOLE

Old-Salt
Go on then.
Do you have to join the Guards to get the money, going officer?
Not every Officer has a alternative income, that's not to say that some do not. How ever some of our OR's also have other income streams. Some trade for-ex some even have family money too. I could but will not name two in my old Battalion that possibly sat on more money than some of the Officers. For instance one that I will not name wore a 5 grand Brietling for his " Work Watch" and also had a wardrobe full of designer clothes that would match most wendy ball players. Plus a different car every few months and were not talking Vauxhall Corsas. Jags, Audis, Mercedes and even an Aston Martin at one point.

Cheers mate!!!

Assessment was great fun I was wary about most things but ended up getting a grade A throughout!!!

Run : 7 mins 45 secs
Mid thigh : 155kg
Med ball : 5.1 meters.

Not too bad eh!!! I surprised myself! A whole lot of adrenaline is involved so don't be nervous!!

Glad I've chosen winter for basic training..... What's a cnut I am for doing that......

**edit** - if you've got any questions a out ADSC, drop me a message!! No dramss

Regards.

Taz
Winter is always better. You can always put on extra kit if needed, but when it is hot you can't take take off much to cool down.