Joining the Guards

TAZ2

Swinger
What's the accom like also? I heard the e had been a refurb not that long ago...

Also... I'm not asreded either way... Would be nice to know though!!

windswept398

Old-Salt
I absolutely hated it there mate, was med discharged and was the best thing as I'm now in the process of rejoining in a job where'll Ill hopefully actually get something from the army.

You spend absolute hours of your life bulling boots, standing still and wearing a big heavy shit hat. The ceremonial side cycles after training, and is a dual role so yes you do go on exercise ( kenya and falklands ) being the guards favourite place to go.

There is little chance of qualifications etc but if you enjoy spending hours on kit and standing still and having 100's of people taking pictures of you freezing your nuts off in the winter then go for it! But don't just listen to me, if its for you great. But i don't think they retain people due to it being a boring boring job. Stagging on is not fun. There is a great sense of pride, and you are viewed by the public in a good light, training is in Catterick so yeah its tough but the drill and kit are just a bore.

Be sure of what your getting yourself in to, who wants to troop the ******* colour? Especially me, I'm Irish so never really cared for the royal family tbf. Look after yourself and take your time deciding.
Sounds even shitter than my line regiment. Best answer ever.

heinz59

Clanker
I’m tempted to stick guards down for my third choice cause it’s what I always wanted to do but you know being a bird and that

What shall I add into my training regime now for when I reach selection and hopefully on wards

Mate of mine has just left the Grenadier Guards (mortars). Their CO is bonkers keen on fitness...

ACAB

LE
What's the accom like also? I heard the e had been a refurb not that long ago...

Also... I'm not asreded either way... Would be nice to know though!!
You will go into 'F' Company at Wellington Barracks for the first 6 months (Public Duties). After that.... well it's down to the CoC.

You will go into 'F' Company at Wellington Barracks for the first 6 months (Public Duties). After that.... well it's down to the CoC.
1st Bn currently have guys in Belize, Kenya, Louisiana, and Italy as well as jollying about in the jackel and will be getting ready to go to Iraq next year after the move back to Catterick .

Cheers mate!!!

Assessment was great fun I was wary about most things but ended up getting a grade A throughout!!!

Run : 7 mins 45 secs
Mid thigh : 155kg
Med ball : 5.1 meters.

Not too bad eh!!! I surprised myself! A whole lot of adrenaline is involved so don't be nervous!!

Glad I've chosen winter for basic training..... What's a cnut I am for doing that......

**edit** - if you've got any questions a out ADSC, drop me a message!! No dramss

Regards.

Taz
Well done on your assessment. I hope you have a long and interesting/happy career.

Shakebody

Swinger
I absolutely hated it there mate, was med discharged and was the best thing as I'm now in the process of rejoining in a job where'll Ill hopefully actually get something from the army.

You spend absolute hours of your life bulling boots, standing still and wearing a big heavy shit hat. The ceremonial side cycles after training, and is a dual role so yes you do go on exercise ( kenya and falklands ) being the guards favourite place to go.

There is little chance of qualifications etc but if you enjoy spending hours on kit and standing still and having 100's of people taking pictures of you freezing your nuts off in the winter then go for it! But don't just listen to me, if its for you great. But i don't think they retain people due to it being a boring boring job. Stagging on is not fun. There is a great sense of pride, and you are viewed by the public in a good light, training is in Catterick so yeah its tough but the drill and kit are just a bore.

Be sure of what your getting yourself in to, who wants to troop the ******* colour? Especially me, I'm Irish so never really cared for the royal family tbf. Look after yourself and take your time deciding.
This is the more reason why I want to join the British Army Gurds...

Latest Threads