Joining the forces...

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by MrDeMiiZe, Feb 12, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Long story short, I tried to join the Army a few years ago when I was 21 stone, obviously, I was told to come back in 6 months because of my size and told to get fit, so I did, I lost just over 5 stone in 3 months and have kept the weight off since, I went back and was told it still wasn't good enough, now, I've done all I can to get myself fit since then and it's worked, I'm still on 16 stone but I'm quite bulky and fit in that aspect.

The thing I'm having worries about now is whether or not I'd be able to join because of my mental health problems, I suffer with Depression and am currently on medication for it, would this affect me at all in my application process?

Thanks in advance.

2. You can't join. Use the search.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Far from it, I'm saying that my depression is Anxiety related, I get very uncomfortable in crowded places, the medication I'm on helps me with that.

4. [shield lowered]

Why on earth would you want to join the military if you have anxiety issues? Surely it would not be conducive to your good health or wellbeing, medication or not?

[shield re-deployed]

5. Not a ******* chance in hell.

Get the treatment you need, get your mind in a decent place where you can cope with the rigours of life. Then get a civvy job. I can tell you from experience that the Army doesn't like dealing with depression and will not want the burden.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hi I'm currently looking into becoming a combat medic and was wondering if there is any medics on here that could shed some light on anything to do with being a medic? Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

7. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

To the OP and to the last poster. Check out the section that this forum is in. "Civi Street: Jobs and Resettlement". It's for people coming OUT of the forces not going in. You want this area Joining Up - Military Recruitment however I suggest you read some of the sticky threads there first to see if your question has been answered already.

• Like Like x 1