Joining the British army if you're Greek?

Not for me. Just speaking to one of my pals in the gym and he was interested. So is it possible lads?
Any help is appreciated.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

The Royal Navy is the usual choice.

image.jpg

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
He can only join if he has been in the UK and has taken citizenship. I am waiting to find out if ILR allows entry for those from non-commonwealth countries (I don't think it does but want confirmation). If this is the case then the only way he can join will be to take British Citizenship.

Now wait for the normal comment that "as part of the EU they should be allowed to join and I 'd like to see the person that tells them they can't" - Well they can't and others have been turned away. Just like I can't go to Greece and expect to join their Army without taking their citizenship.

Tell him to aim for a Jockinese regiment, they too wear natty little dresses like the Greek chaps do.

He can only join if he has been in the UK and has taken citizenship. I am waiting to find out if ILR allows entry for those from non-commonwealth countries (I don't think it does but want confirmation). If this is the case then the only way he can join will be to take British Citizenship.

Now wait for the normal comment that "as part of the EU they should be allowed to join and I 'd like to see the person that tells them they can't" - Well they can't and others have been turned away. Just like I can't go to Greece and expect to join their Army without taking their citizenship.
Don't think he's taken citizenship.
Good post though mate I will let him know he can't do it under the circumstances. Unfortunate but that's the way it goes.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
There are precedents:

guns-of-navarone-main-review.jpg

What join the British army instead of the Greek Army and miss up the chance to wear Pom-pom's on your shoes? Is he mad????

I'd give up a years pay to join a forces that lets you look and march like a cûnt!

tumblr_ldbi0pBpsF1qalz8lo1_500.jpg

Latest Threads