Joining the Army

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by mr.russell, Jun 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After reading through hundreds of absolutley shocking posts about lads thinking to join the army, it's finally got to me.

I know I don't have the right to moan, as I'm not in the army yet, I start basic in a few months, f*ck it.
    But why do I see all these w*nk posts about what people are worried about on selection or the barb, or any other thing.
    Just f*king crack on. You can't ask for help throughout your career, especially asking the most borrrrrrrrrrring questions.

Wear a f*ckin suit for your interview, and of course your 1.5 mile run time is sh*t mate, its fuckin 17 mins.

Rant over. Awaiting incoming.
  2. i take it your cryin over my last comment about a heart murmur, at the end of the day mate ppl are worried cause they don't want anything other than to go in the army, not no shitty paper boy or dog shit cleaner in a park, people only want info so chill lol
  3. Hate to break it to you mate, but this is a forum, a place to have discussion and ask questions, and this section is about joining the Army. People have the right to ask whatever questions they wish, and at the end of the day, if it helps them to relax and pass selection, surely that's a good thing, instead of being useless and failing.
  4. lol, im pure paranoied about not gettin in with my heart murmur
  5. sounds like your mister c0ck sure of your self... people use these forums for help and guidence. i have to say, if i didnt use this forum and ask the questions i needed to (no matter how much people ranted on about search buttons or used the word 'WAHH' within my posts) im pretty sure i wouldnt be at the stage where i am now (starting basic at Catterick in 20 days - 1st july) i would like to say a massive thank you to everyone on this forum for giving me and others the guidence of stuff like what to wear for your first interview...what to expect in the BARB test, tips for the 1.5 run, and genral stuff like that...cause i certainly would have been stuck with out these guys!
  6. There is a point here Guys.This area is littered with the same questions over and over again. Before posting it wouldbe goodif people did search first, Some questions are completely bone and some deserve so serious P*** taking.
    Finally most replies are just banter, if you bite its just more fun.
    Before posting use the search button and then think before you post!
  7. It is ded gud, they give u clothes and stuff to wear and a gun.

My M8 have got only 1 eye and 1 arm and he got in Th'army.

(Note to self - it is not big and clever to drink port - even if it's free).
  8. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Eeerrrrmmm Yes it is!
  9. It doesn't feel like. Trust me.

Boys, when you grow up, always pass the port on - smell it - just don't drink it.

B&T - stand by for a call in an hour's time when I get to school.

10. I'm not saying the forum isn't useful. But some people have asked the tupidest questions, especially regarding run times and what to wea for an interview. It's an interview, if you really want the job like I did, surely you'd dress smart?

And I'm not c*ck sure of myself chap, I just use a bit of common sense before getting my thong in a bunch.
  11. Common sense, isnt. People ask bone questions because a) They have access to an area to ask annonymously so they don't look like a dick in front of their recruiter (what wouldn't happen anyway) b) Most people asking the questions are new to forums and dont like to read rules and info, thus, missing the search button. Its not fun or helpfull for everyone else but at least they have a subforum to confine it into not all over Arrse like it was a while back.
  12. Solution= When the title says 'Is my run time good enough?', don't click on it
  13. Solution= When the title says 'Is my run time good enough?', don't click on it
  14. You my friend, are a cock. Mind your own fecking business and leave them be.