Joining the army

Can having a hole in the heart affect my chances of joining the army?

It can do, each case is assessed individually, although this will depend on your medical records.

I have a slighty dodgy valve in my ticker, so I had to pay a visit to an Army cardiologist. Had an ECG and was allowed in. Been serving for four years with no problems or mention since.

I don't know specifically but they frown upon having astma on your records even if you've been free of it for over ten years so I assume a hole in the heart wouldn't go down too well. But like FindFixStroke said everyones assessed individually.

exactly as findfix fella you will more than likely have to have ECG i havent been affected i have a heart murm and still ran 8:31 on selection its judged on the individual good luck

gettin a hole in your heart generally see's you booted out but normally thats something to do with being dead! you'll be assessed and maybe accepted however if you fail phase 1 they'll boot ya unless your going RLC where no-one has a spine let alone heart nowadays! (old and bold chill out! it's your sprogs that are a joke!)