Joining the army

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by 04mayb, Apr 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can having a hole in the heart affect my chances of joining the army?

2. It can do, each case is assessed individually, although this will depend on your medical records.

I have a slighty dodgy valve in my ticker, so I had to pay a visit to an Army cardiologist. Had an ECG and was allowed in. Been serving for four years with no problems or mention since.

3. I don't know specifically but they frown upon having astma on your records even if you've been free of it for over ten years so I assume a hole in the heart wouldn't go down too well. But like FindFixStroke said everyones assessed individually.

4. exactly as findfix fella you will more than likely have to have ECG i havent been affected i have a heart murm and still ran 8:31 on selection its judged on the individual good luck

5. same here lad, i had a heart murmur, went to see the heart ppl in manchester and now im in. each case is assesed on its own merits

6. gettin a hole in your heart generally see's you booted out but normally thats something to do with being dead! you'll be assessed and maybe accepted however if you fail phase 1 they'll boot ya unless your going RLC where no-one has a spine let alone heart nowadays! (old and bold chill out! it's your sprogs that are a joke!)

7. Is this the 'Shannon Matthews deformed relatives enlistment thread? :D

8. slight chuckle