Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Joining the Army

Hi. I'm new to the forums, so this is my first post officially. In 2 years, I will hopefully be joining the Army. I just wanted to ask a few questions first of all.

1.) Will I be required to go through Harrogate College, or would I be allowed go to straight through to my basic training? I don't know if I would like to go through Harrogate for the qualifications side. What would you reccomend?

2.) If I did join the army [which I hopefully do], I'm not too sure as to what regiment I would like to join. I come from Liverpool so do any of you know a regiment which is profound for scousers, other than Duke of Lancasters.

3.) I want to go into just a basic infantry roll overall, but I want to know how dangerous it is and the pros and cons.

Thanks.

Your age will determine if you go to Harrogate.

16-17.5 roughly, then Harrogate

18 or over, Catterick, Pirbright or Winchester

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Hi. I'm new to the forums, so this is my first post officially. In 2 years, I will hopefully be joining the Army. I just wanted to ask a few questions first of all.

1.) Will I be required to go through Harrogate College, or would I be allowed go to straight through to my basic training? I don't know if I would like to go through Harrogate for the qualifications side. What would you reccomend?

2.) If I did join the army [which I hopefully do], I'm not too sure as to what regiment I would like to join. I come from Liverpool so do any of you know a regiment which is profound for scousers, other than Duke of Lancasters.

3.) I want to go into just a basic infantry roll overall, but I want to know how dangerous it is and the pros and cons.

Thanks.
My best juniors did Horror-gate

If you don't mind me asking, how was your time there? Did you enjoy it, or hate it completely?
The experiece during Op Banner took most soldiers through the full range of emotional experience from elation to despair. If you are properly trained and have the right attitude you will be able to deal with it. If you deal with it, you are set up for the rest of your life. Its what a military career offers and it is unique, but its up to you to assimilate its potential.

As for Omagh/Ireland - a fantastic place and quite wonderful people emerging at long last from a dark past.