joining the army with a criminal record

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm applying to join the British army and I'm wondering if you have to tell the honest truth about your medical history and criminal record as I have a have just fractured my finger and don't want to get knocked back? I have a criminal record of leaving the scene of an accident, failing to stop and leave details and possession of class A. do I even have a chance of getting in? thanks.

Yes you must tell the truth or, when they find out you lied, you'll get booted. No one would want to work with a liar.

You can only ask. I suspect the class As might be a showstopper.

I'm applying to join the British army and I'm wondering if you have to tell the honest truth about your medical history and criminal record as I have a have just fractured my finger and don't want to get knocked back? I have a criminal record of leaving the scene of an accident, failing to stop and leave details and possession of class A. do I even have a chance of getting in? thanks.
It used to be three or more minor offences and you were shown the door , no idea today , possession of class A maybe be enough on its own to get told to F.O , ask but dont be surprised if you are told no.

DTBA

War Hero
They'll get a full look at your PNC record so there's no point in lying. Be honest from the start and you might be in with a chance.

I joined with a young offenders criminal record, minor and no jail time. I was questioned on it at several stages but as I had come clean early on it was mainly just an annoyance. My security clearance was delayed but I was eventually DV. There is no problem with promotion in the ranks, up to and including WO1. Quite the contrary and when I expressed surprise about that I was just told there are plenty of serving WO's who have much worse equivalent service offences. I have no idea about LE Commissions.

The_Duke

LE
There is already a thread for medical questions and another for general recruitment. Please use those.

Status
Not open for further replies.