Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joining the army whilst in a relationship

Vroski

Swinger
That almost guaranteed separate living.

But I know folk who have done it. She left police for kids and then went back in just as he left after 22.

What are you looking at joining? You may get a posting nearby.

Good news is she can move around with the forces by joining different police forces.

As above, have you thought about the reserves? Have a look. Might be a good mix or maybe do minimum time in the forces, enjoy it and then join reserves.
Dog handler which I know is hard to get into, I haven’t really thought about reserves as if I was to join I’d want to do regular but I’ll definitely look into it, thanks for the advice mate I appreciate it

Dog handler which I know is hard to get into, I haven’t really thought about reserves as if I was to join I’d want to do regular but I’ll definitely look into it, thanks for the advice mate I appreciate it

Bin the ntombezaan and stick with the dag. You'll get more loyalty and friendship from the land shark.

Class 66

Old-Salt
If she puts you off, basically she has made the relationship about her! Join up, if she comes with you for the ride fair one, if not, there are plenty more fish in the sea. You have to be strong and do what career your heart desires. The last woman in the village types are not worth it. Good luck.

chimera

LE
I applied for The Rifles the other night, and my girlfriend broke up with me 2 hours ago because of it.

Not surprised she binned you for choosing The Rifles. Which Regiment was she expecting you to join?

Just leave a patch where the paving stones are not bedded in properly. How tall is she? Six foot by two, perhaps three, will be enough. The slabs can be permanently bedded in after you've done it at a later date. After a couple of months' weathering, nosey relatives/the police nobody will be able to tell the difference. (But there's no accounting for those annoying sniffer dogs, unfortunately.)

A common newbie mistake is to pick a spot too close to existing drains or other infrastructure. Don't be that man. Plan ahead!
Good price

Vroski

Swinger
I think the rmp do dog handler too. Failing that RAF Police. If it's dog fondling you want.

Have you a back up in case?
Definitely want to do dog handler but reme is my backup, I’ve seen briefly about the raf but not too familiar with it so I’ll do some research

Good news is she can move around with the forces by joining different police forces.
Its very unlikely she would be able to move around to different police forces. She may be able to transfer once if there are vacancies and she passes there selection/interviews etc. Some county forces are dead mans shoes. But it is unlikely she would be able to move round to different forces.

Its very unlikely she would be able to move around to different police forces. She may be able to transfer once if there are vacancies and she passes there selection/interviews etc. Some county forces are dead mans shoes. But it is unlikely she would be able to move round to different forces.
Have you seen the vacancy lists recently?

There's practically a default for PC and Sgt transfers.

Don't worry about it.

Just make sure she sees a picture of you looking ally with a better model hanging off your arm.
I went out with a lad in 1st RRF, let another lad flatter me ( I was only 16 going on 17) found out pretty quickly flattery is an empty vessel. The lad I let go was a1000 times better and not a day goes by I don't think of him and that was 49 years ago, biggest mistake Iv'e ever made.

I went out with a lad in 1st RRF, let another lad flatter me ( I was only 16 going on 17) found out pretty quickly flattery is an empty vessel. The lad I let go was a1000 times better and not a day goes by I don't think of him and that was 49 years ago, biggest mistake Iv'e ever made.

Tonight Jaffa, on This is Your ARRSE Life, we’ve managed to find ex-Fusileer Snooks for you!

Unfortunately he can’t be with you tonight but earlier today he recorded this message for you from his accommodation at Pentonville...

sittingstress

Old-Salt
Sorry but this is totally incorrect. It is possible to transfer but under the following conditions:
1. The force you want to go to is currently recruiting transferees in the branch in which you are qualified.
2. You pass the entire recruitment process (except the assessment centre), so that is the paper sift, the written exams, the presentation and a final interview.
3. You pass with a high enough grade to make the cut.
4. You will receive a posting which could be anywhere in the county.
5. All this takes time and the process can be postponed/cancelled at any time.

If you stay together you will receive a posting date and then she can start looking. The whole thing will go tits up if the county you are posted to are not recruiting, her process will halt right there. If she is lucky and does get a first transfer, her application for a second on your next posting will not be looked on favourably as she is failing to demonstrate reliability.

Sorry to be the bearer of glum news but better you have the facts now rather than too late.

Latest Threads