Joining the army reserves 51st highland battalion

Hi everyone just joined the forums ! Currently in the process of joining the 51st highland battalion !.
I live in Thurso and have a practice fitness test this Wednesday (4th of may) and then off to Edinburgh in June for 2 days for training then I've been informed if I pass I'll get my uniform and be on a payroll and then phase 1 training !.
Just looking for some advice of what to expect and about payments weekly or monthly etc and rough amount ? I work full time where I live and noticed your all a very helpful bunch !
Kind regards
PrivateJoker

The big map says Inverness is your closest ARC....where they have gpmgs and Anti Tank Haggis projectors......

Yep inverness that's correct sorry not here for the banter on my post was genuinely looking for a link or guide to as how much I would get paid is it still £300 do passing adsc and £1000 for phase 1 and £1000 for phase 2 ? Also is it daily I'm paid or monthly sorry for the headache guys

Pay is monthly. £300 for attestation then £1000 after basic and another £1000 after trade training. You will be taxed on this.

L

lumpy2

It depends how many days you do.
Indeed, when I was in the TA you signed an attendance sheet every time you were in, and if you were lucky someone actually took notice of it and paid you :)

Joking aside, I never had any problem getting paid and the bounty was a welcome extra.

Good luck PJ.

Not sure how many night my local place is open ?I'm almost certain it's one night a week.. which won't be a decent monthly pay for me but it's more than the money I'm going for tbh but was just wondering what I'd be due :)! Fitness test tomorrow fingers crossed

L

lumpy2

Not sure how many night my local place is open ?I'm almost certain it's one night a week.. which won't be a decent monthly pay for me but it's more than the money I'm going for tbh but was just wondering what I'd be due :)! Fitness test tomorrow fingers crossed
Drill night once a week, almost certainly training weekend once a month, and working weekends in between if required by that particular unit. I used to attend weekends every fortnight, and it was quite a decent second income.

It's been a long time for me, but it's the weekends you do that count in the monthly paycheque, weekdays are cost covering, I often spent more on beer.
Plus the bounties are really welcome.

Latest Threads