Joining the army, girlfriend near full term pregnancy

Hi all, I'm joining the army as a regular, I've been to selection and offered a PCC in january for 30 days then on to phase 1 a week later. Im not sure when in january, its not set in stone just yet but my girlfriend is due to give birth on the 28th january.
Will i be entitled to leave during this time even though I'm not married?
If i was married, would i be entitled to leave during this time?

Hi all, I'm joining the army as a regular, I've been to selection and offered a PCC in january for 30 days then on to phase 1 a week later. Im not sure when in january, its not set in stone just yet but my girlfriend is due to give birth on the 28th january.
Will i be entitled to leave during this time even though I'm not married?
If i was married, would i be entitled to leave during this time?
You'd be entitled, as any father would be provided you submitted the paperwork in enough time, to Paternity leave. Your problem will be taking a couple of weeks off during training will have you missing part of training and guess where that gets you?
You'd be better off explaining your situation and getting a later start date

Boof

Old-Salt
My wife was pregnant while I was at Phase 1 last year, I started in Feb and she was due in April. I was told I would be given paternity leave when she went into labour but they did say if I missed anything important then I would be put back. I was told they would let me take some of the leave, return for any tests etc and then take the rest of the leave after. The platoon staff were very willing to help me out and very supportive.

Join the Reserves and get the best of both worlds.

Oh, sorry, I thought you meant you were joining the army because your girlfriend is pregnant - I was going to recommend the French Foreign Legion.