Joining the Army Air Corps.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by DaPs, Apr 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone.

I have applied to join the Army online and currently waiting for a reply.

I want to join the AAC, but i have a couple of reservations about it.

I would like to know the average time to wait to do the BARB test and go through training etc.

I would also like to know if the AAC is any good. Not many people have even heard of the AAC and this is my main reservation.

I was thinking of joining up as a tank crewman at first, but i had a keen interest to join the RAF as a pilot; but i didn't want to wait a further 3 years to aquire the required qualifications.

What would you suggest?

Thanks,

DaPs.

2. I'd suggest you get down your recruiting office and go through the application there. It'll take longer if you apply online. If you go down the office that'll book you in for your BARB test which you would of have to wait two weeks at the very longest. To go through the entire process you're looking at anything between roughly two months - six months depending on what you want to join as. And asking if the Army Air Corps is "any good" is a bit of a bone question, you need to be more specific.

3. Thanks for the prompt response.

I will read through the link you gave me mate.

When i mean 'any good', i mean is it a respected and quality part of the British Army. Not many people have heard of it, so is the AAC respected?

Thanks.

4. You tell me

[​IMG]

5. Your picture is lobsided.

6. That was very restrained for you MDN.....

DaPs, Do have a look at the Aviation thread, (Clue is in the title)
    it should give you all the answers you need.

Dont respond to PM's from The Lord Flashheart or Minister Doh nut asking how your mum is...... :wink:

7. Why is that thingy sideways?

8. He's young and naive and unaware of the heteroness of the powder blue lid.

For that he can be forgiven, I'll only peel him if he asks another silly question.

It could be in a 4g negative dive with a mig 29 and it would still rain on your parade and make you take an extra brufen

9. Nice Lynx.

10. Well, Jeremy Clarkson called the AAC 'the best pilots in the world' so it must be true.

I think this was because they had just been colossal show offs, sorry, very professional and impressive on that particular edition of Top Gear.

11. One thing that makes me feel a little unsure, is the AAC website on the MOD Army pages.

Every corps has lovely websites, then you click on the AAC site and it is shabby. Just makes me have reservations. My mind works in mysterious ways, don't try to understand my thinking :D

12. There's a certain webmaster not a million miles from the AAC who is a hulking cretin of the highest order. If Deltaweb are anything to do with it then you are lucky that you made it to the site.

Anyone spot the mistake on this page?

13. I understand that. Before I used to complain about scientist sites having bad designs when they sold £500+ gadgets, until someone told me that they don't care how it looks, as long as they get their thingymajig.

Guessing its the same with the AAC, but with lynxes instead of nuclear reactors.

14. How can i find out the numbers of personnel in each corps?

Thanks.