Joining the Air Corps

Asd123

Crow
Interested in joining the Air Corps and want to know what is involved in the joining process as I can't find too much information online. Any help is appreciated.

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
I assume you mean as an officer?

Here's the story - you join the Army, assuming success at the Army Officers' Selection Board - then go to the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst and, a few months later, towards the end of your commissioning course, you get to exercise some choice on which cap badge you'll commission into. The Army Air Corps is a small Corps and incredibly, brutally selective in who it takes, even more so for aircrew.

Check some of the threads here for up-to-date advice on getting to and surviving Sandhurst - and note, here, for the record, that grumpy old sods like me rather like to hear young heroes talking about commanding soldiers, rather than which cap badge they're looking to wear.

Asd123

Crow
I assume you mean as an officer?

Here's the story - you join the Army, assuming success at the Army Officers' Selection Board - then go to the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst and, a few months later, towards the end of your commissioning course, you get to exercise some choice on which cap badge you'll commission into. The Army Air Corps is a small Corps and incredibly, brutally selective in who it takes, even more so for aircrew.

Check some of the threads here for up-to-date advice on getting to and surviving Sandhurst - and note, here, for the record, that grumpy old sods like me rather like to hear young heroes talking about commanding soldiers, rather than which cap badge they're looking to wear.
Thanks for the help

Latest Threads