Joining the AAC

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Phantomtek, Mar 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys,

I was thinking of joining the Army after I leave Uni (No pisstaking please) and the job that stands out most to me is to be an Officer in the AAC. Anyone got any experience in this area? I want to be flying the choppers not sat behind a desk. I went on the site and talked to a soldier and he gave me lots of information but its not exactly completely impartial. I wanted to originally be a sniper but I don't want to waste my education to enter as a normal soldier and the only officer position that appeals to me is the one in the AAC.

P.S - I have nothing against entering as a regular soldier but if you pay for and put the effort into further education you want something to show for it!
  2. You'll definately be working with choppers.
  3. I dunno, if you look at some of the AAC threads there is a theme of Officer first and pilot from time to time. They are better qualified to comment than me though.

And of course whatever he will be working with 'choppers' (missed that!)
  4. I will rephrase, helichopters. :D
  5. AAC all the way 8)
  6. Best youre quick about it.

The AAC will cease to exist from 5 June 2012. :wink:
  7. Eh?

BTW, my wah-divining bag of chicken bones in a kangaroo's scrotum has just given a little twinge in the direction of this thread...
  8. I joined AAC in 1975 and transferred to RMP the next year, probably the biggest mistake of my life.

9. Cripes.

Thats like an Eagle devolving into a Jellyfish.
  10. I thought it was a monkey :D
  11. I really have to read this forum more. Or put your posts into an enigma machine so I can understand the hidden meanings :D
  12. Nope Flashy is correct, guess why
  13. No idea. Why is Flashy correct?

And this thread is a wah.
  14. The Transit of Venus?? :?
  15. Flash, are you going to tell them that it has more to do with Uranus?