Joining TA

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by jordan86, Feb 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey, I have recently applied for the TA, just one thing I cant seem to find is whether I am eligible to get into the medical side, I have 2 Alevels in Health and social care plus a few GCSE'S, my ideal career would be combat medical technician.

Does any body know if this would be possible, I know I have a long way to go but i am 100% determined to do it. Thanks

2. As best as I am aware, no formal academic qualifications are required to join as a CMT, so you shouldn't have any worries. Best of luck!

3. More than qualified I'd say, though I only base that on some of the trainee CMTs I've met in the past.

4. Thanks for that, Im glad to here it, will look into it furthur.

5. Jordan, whereabouts are you signing up ?

6. Hi, im signing up in fallings park, wolverhampton, going to check it out and see if thats the right regiment for me. Im a bit stuck in what job direction in the army i want to take.

7. theres a link below that lists all the units in the midlands
    linky

im in sunny birmingham 8)
    best of luck!

8. hey thanks for that, just had a luck got two options, medical in bham or infantry wolverhampton, might visit both. Sunny bham eh are you part of the TA.

9. I better learn to spell i meant look *not luck*

10. im at 225 just outside birmingham

11. Hey, i was looking at going to bham for my TA training, but wolverhampton TA unit says I can train as a gunner (Artillary) aswell as doing a course besides to be a combat medical technician so I get the best of both worlds.

12. msr

msr LE

And best to spell 'Artillery' correctly too ;)

msr

13. wunce i wonted too be a gunnar etc

14. Im sure they wont fail me on putting an A instead of an E in Artillery.