joining ta why waiting for start date

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by wil5924, Jan 31, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. can i join the ta while i am waiting for a phase 1 start date.i have passed everything for the full time army but would like to use my spare time in the ta. also what is the i have to make another application.
  2. Whats the point ?
  3. to keep myself busy and get an insight into the army.i could be waiting over 6 months for a start date.
  4. Its gonna take more than six months for you to be trained with the TA, thats just TSC(A) to begin.Anice idea but not all that viable.
  5. Just keep your phys up running swiming and as much sport as you can. And lay off the burgers chips and booze. And be patient 6 months will pass very quickly.
    TA bods wont really waste their time on someone who WILL feck off in 6 months.
  6. Exactly, plus there are the problems with already been signed up and, I assume, attested to the regular army.
  7. We currently have a female transferring from TA to regs and shes not even completed CMSR yet, shes having a nightmare with the admin. If you join the TA you wont complete the basic training in 6 months unless your very very lucky. I was hoping to do CMSR in march but there all booked up, which means i have to do it april which in turns means i miss trade camp. So its september before i get traded.

See what im saying ;)

Like has been said, keep on top of your phys, read arrse once in a while and before you know it you will be doing basic
  8. msr

msr LE

Go along to your local TA unit, explain the situation and see what they say. I expect they will be happy to sign you up and who knows what might happen in the next 6 months.

9. That’s what I did and 5+ years on the regs didn’t work out for me but I’m still in the TA.

Any PSAO worth his salt will argue you worth being a STAB for 6 months, one army blah blah blah, and we’re as much a recruiting point for the regs as the cadets are… if not more.
  10. try joining your local airsoft club
  11. Pm sent wil...
  12. The problem is though, are your local TA units recruiting? We are turning people away at the moment, also have had to cull some of the old and bold to reduce numbers. So for us, we would not take on a guy passing time before his reg phase 1.
  13. msr

msr LE

14. Is it that obvious?!
  15. They culled our entire squadron!