joining ta why waiting for start date

can i join the ta while i am waiting for a phase 1 start date.i have passed everything for the full time army but would like to use my spare time in the ta. also what is the process.do i have to make another application.

Its gonna take more than six months for you to be trained with the TA, thats just TSC(A) to begin.Anice idea but not all that viable.

Just keep your phys up running swiming and as much sport as you can. And lay off the burgers chips and booze. And be patient 6 months will pass very quickly.
TA bods wont really waste their time on someone who WILL feck off in 6 months.

We currently have a female transferring from TA to regs and shes not even completed CMSR yet, shes having a nightmare with the admin. If you join the TA you wont complete the basic training in 6 months unless your very very lucky. I was hoping to do CMSR in march but there all booked up, which means i have to do it april which in turns means i miss trade camp. So its september before i get traded.

See what im saying ;)

Like has been said, keep on top of your phys, read arrse once in a while and before you know it you will be doing basic

Go along to your local TA unit, explain the situation and see what they say. I expect they will be happy to sign you up and who knows what might happen in the next 6 months.

msr

G

Goku

msr said:
Go along to your local TA unit, explain the situation and see what they say. I expect they will be happy to sign you up and who knows what might happen in the next 6 months.

msr
That’s what I did and 5+ years on the regs didn’t work out for me but I’m still in the TA.

Any PSAO worth his salt will argue you worth being a STAB for 6 months, one army blah blah blah, and we’re as much a recruiting point for the regs as the cadets are… if not more.

The problem is though, are your local TA units recruiting? We are turning people away at the moment, also have had to cull some of the old and bold to reduce numbers. So for us, we would not take on a guy passing time before his reg phase 1.

Gym-Princess said:
The problem is though, are your local TA units recruiting? We are turning people away at the moment, also have had to cull some of the old and bold to reduce numbers. So for us, we would not take on a guy passing time before his reg phase 1.
R SIGNALS(V)?

msr said:
Gym-Princess said:
R SIGNALS(V)?
Is it that obvious?!

Gym-Princess said:
msr said:
Gym-Princess said:
R SIGNALS(V)?
Is it that obvious?!
They culled our entire squadron!

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
It took me 7 months from my first weekend to doing my basic training, but that was 14 years ago. Granted, it was supposed to be 3 months, but times have changed and red tape will ensure you have a long wait.

Don't bother. Just wait for the green light and go to the Regs.

Unless of course there is a cunning plan to put Regular applicants with the TA as a holding position given the delay in placing people into training....it's been thought of before.

I mean, depending on the Brigade, you could pass selection, do Phase 1 and be on CIC (TA) within six months. You could then even transfer/mobilise and be on Ops in a jiffy.

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
Gym-Princess said:
Out of curiosity, are the walk-ins being referred to other TA units or do they leave under the impression that the entire TA isn't recruiting?

MrTracey said:
Unless of course there is a cunning plan to put Regular applicants with the TA as a holding position given the delay in placing people into training....it's been thought of before.
My one big contention with conspiracy theories/cunning plans involving governmental departments, is that they would require a degree of foresight and efficiency heretofore unknown amongst Her Majesty's many and varying governments throughout my lifetime.

The MoD cannot be bumbling and inept, yet cunning too.

MrTracey said:
I mean, depending on the Brigade, you could pass selection, do Phase 1 and be on CIC (TA) within six months. You could then even transfer/mobilise and be on Ops in a jiffy.
Not anymore you can't. DInf has decreed that TA soldiers must have attained Grade 1 status before being eligible for mobilisation, which realistically will mean about a year's TA training if not more, subsequent to CIC. All of this would suggest that if there is a grand scheme to turn the TA into a conveyance for fodder to be sent to the Regs/on Ops, then DInf would appear to be a double-agent.

Tell me, do you ever tire of viewing regular soldiers as the Devil's spawn?

RP578 said:
Not anymore you can't. DInf has decreed that TA soldiers must have attained Grade 1 status before being eligible for mobilisation, which realistically will mean about a year's TA training if not more, subsequent to CIC.
Um, since when?

S

swampmonster

MrTracey said:
RP578 said:
Not anymore you can't. DInf has decreed that TA soldiers must have attained Grade 1 status before being eligible for mobilisation, which realistically will mean about a year's TA training if not more, subsequent to CIC.
Um, since when?
Utter Bollox...we have three Jocks just off Trg on my PDT.... :desertsoldier: and where you going to get the budget for a Years trg.....??