Joining TA.. What equipment will i get etc..

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by london999, Aug 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Joinig the TA in a few weeks.
    What stuff will i get e.g clothing, equipment and how many.
    How long till i will get my mod90 id card? Rifle etc..

2. are your just looking to join to get your hands on gear?

you'll get a first issue once you've been attested and measured up.. thats enough to get you through your basic training and more than sufficent for what the TA expect you to carry out..

as for kit once your through your training... im sure someone else will be along to answer it
  3. walt alert!! i bet you already have most of the kit you bought fom the market havnt you......... and i bet you have airsofted......
  4. you will have to do a 1.5 mile run and then you will get a SA80 bubble wrapped to play with!!
  5. Nutter alert, wants a wpn and a MOD90, question is how does a new tom know what a MOD90 is.

go back to airsofting u walt
  6. It depends on the unit you are joining, but you'll probably be issued a slinky black evening dress and stillettos on your first night. If you then make it through recruit selection you may be issued a crotchless latex catsuit, and a family size tub of KY gel.

Make sure and tell them if you have a big driveway, or a garage, then you may be asked if you want to look after a Challenger.

Best of luck.

7. You get the all that you need to do your job. However you really need to invest in green t shirts and socks as you will only get issued two of each for some strange reason.

Your unit will give you a list of things to buy.
  8. they throw in a few rounds for you as well as the SA80.....
  9. Rounds... don't you mean bullets? :D
  10. No, he means rounds, hot buttered toast...
  11. mmhhhhhhh, :donut: :donut: :donut:
  12. Just go on Ebay and type 'SAS, Para, Commando'
    And get two of everything
    Then you'll be nicely sorted, Walter.
  13. I think this guy has seen that he can get a 10% discount off kit in camping and walting stores with a MOD90.

As an aside, am I right in thinking that serving members of the TA don't hang onto their MOD90s? I'm still working off chit-in-lieus.
  14. I think only officers and NCO's get to keep hold of theirs, every one else has to hand them back in.
  15. Nah, still got mine. 20% off at Bugger King, here I come!