Joining Regiment

I dont mean to get ahead of myself but i start phase 1 on 19/1/15 at ATR Winchester and all my questions so far have been answered quite easily but one thing i dont hear much about is when you complete phase 1 & 2 and join your Regiment, im curious at to what the process is here, will i be on my larry? Anyone (already serving) able to give me a heads up on how it works? And what to expect?

Much appreciated.

Its not a matter of not understanding something, my question is, what is the process of joining your chosen regiment after you have finished training, and what is it like? Will i be with other newbies? Will i be on my own? How long after training finish's will you be placed in your regiment? Any info at all from personal experiences is helpful.

Well I'll try using your questions:
Will i be with other newbies? - possibly depends how many from the unit you're joining were in training with you
Will i be on my own? - possibly if you were the only one from your unit in training [unlikely I'd have thought]
How long after training finish's will you be placed in your regiment? - theres usually a period of leave at the end of training, mine was nearly three weeks from memory., and I had the paperwork telling me when to join my unit and the travel documents including ticket...
Any info at all from personal experiences is helpful. No problem :)

Thats great, thanks. I will be honest, i am more nervous about joining my regiment then i am of basic. How was it for you when you first arrived at your chosen regiment? How was you treated? Was it easy enough making friends?

It was ok, obviously a bit strange, I was actually only with one other bloke, it was in a different country, treated fine, obviously you're the NIG so you stand out a bit and your totally unsure of yourself, definately easy enough to make friends quite quickly after all you're all around the same age/rank anyway

Oh and concentrate on getting through basic training first eh!;)

I dont mean to get ahead of myself but i start phase 1 on 19/1/15 at ATR Winchester and all my questions so far have been answered quite easily but one thing i dont hear much about is when you complete phase 1 & 2 and join your Regiment, im curious at to what the process is here, will i be on my larry? Anyone (already serving) able to give me a heads up on how it works? And what to expect?

Much appreciated.

You'll go to your regiment when your regiment and ATR decide that it's appropriate for you to go in a time frame that they decide is appropriate.

You'll be on your own if no-one else goes with you. This will be decided by your regiment and ATR.

You'll be treated like a nig.

Welcome to the army!

More seriously - I had a bit of leave, then a couple of weeks, maybe a month and was packed off to Germany with about 6 others. We joined an induction troop of about 20 or so for maybe another month and were posted to whichever squadron needed us at that time. We were treated like nigs.

This does not mean that it will be the same for you, so I refer you to what's posted above.

You've opened Pandora's Box there! Stand by for Old & Bold to weigh in arguing about it. New In Green/New In Germany are two favourites

What does CEFO stand for?

Latest Threads