Joining Questions

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by romanov, Jul 25, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My fiancee and I are both applying to join the Army, currently we both want to get commissioned through RMAS but if its not possible to go together if some reason we aren't allowed then I will go to the regulars instead.

We are also wondering; if you're married and both in the army how easy is it to get posted to the same location? If say she was a Military Police Officer and I was in the Royal Artillery? Can MP's get posted almost anywhere?

These all could be stupid questions! But trying to get information out of the Army live chat room people is like licking a wall repeatedly.

Thanks

2. Gets popcorn.

Sits back............................................

This could go both ways - VERY long or VERY short.

tac

3. I started writing something. Then I got bored.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

4. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

How do I break this to you? If you commission you will be joining the regulars (unless you join the reserves).

5. Bowmore_Assassin

Bowmore_Assassin LE Moderator Book Reviewer

The fact you are engaged to be married means nothing to the system with regards to attempting to pass selection for admittance to RMAS. Likewise if either of you, or both, end up joining as a Private. You will be treated as individuals for the purpose of joining.

If you are successful in your attempt to join the Army, at whatever level, it is possible to be posted (assigned) to the same location, but not guaranteed. You can, separately,send a request to your personal desk officers in Glasgow to tie your postings (assignments) together for a geographical location and they may, or may not, make it work but the exigencies of the Service always come first. That also includes any time you decide to become parents (if you do down the line); no guarantees of the same geographical posting and you can also both be deployed on operations at the same time, even with kids at home.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

6. Yeh my bad, badly worded question

Thanks a lot, thats what we figured. We understand that the army don't particularly care and see us each as individuals. We are looking at plans to get married before we go to P1/RMAS and hopefully that will help more because obviously being engaged means nothing to them!

If anyone has more advice we'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks

7. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

To be honest, I'm not sure there's much more to said. It would be quite an unusual, although probably not unique, situation so I suspect you will just have to plunge in and see what happens.

8. Marry & it may be different?
    But your joining a global(for the time being)army, you go where your told!

9. I figure a lot of people are speaking from assumptions and I assume its rare that a married couple join together. But cpunk is right I think we just gotta dive in and find out.