Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joining Process

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weir

Crow
Hi, this is quite a general one but any advice would be appreciated!

I'm in the process of doing my online application - I have my medical triage call today and interview/briefing call later on this week. I was just wondering how long does the process usually take, between applying and receiving a date for your assessment to the date for basic training. I know it can differ depending on the role you're going for but would be good to hear other people's experiences with this.

Also, I'm pretty stuck with what role I'd like to do. I've done loads of research into different roles but I just can't seem to find one I'm sure about. I would like to do something I can progress in, potentially a combat role - I like hard work and graft/ fitness/ sports etc so I know I'd be okay with it but I quite like things like engineering and maths too. I don't know if there is a role that would encorperate both? As I wouldn't want to just do the engineering side of things either. Any ideas?

Thanks!

RTU'd

War Hero
Para Commando Engineer?

REME/RE would probably do you?
Have you looked at the Army website to look at careers & what each role does?

Weir

Crow
Para Commando Engineer?

REME/RE would probably do you?
Have you looked at the Army website to look at careers & what each role does?
Yeah I've looked on there, if you look at REME though it just comes up with drivers and mechanics. I don't quite understand how it works with doing a REME role in a combat unit/regiment though. How do you go about doing that?

RTU'd

War Hero
REME Trades;
VM A & B
Reccy Mech
Avionics Tech
Armour
Metalsmith
Storesperson
Electric Tech.

So 7 trades to look at and all would have gone on Herrick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads