joining process takes ages

Not open for further replies.
i am applying to join the R.A as a gunner but i have been on hold now for about 3 months because of my medical docs, my rectiuting sgt has told me just to wait i am getting a bit worried that there is a problem is this normal to take so long ?
Some applications even take years if there's medical issues. If you really want to join then it wont be a problem - I waited almost 3 years to join myself due to medical issues. Use the time wisely to improve your fitness & research your job choice(s), you can never be too fit.
Im in the same sh1t with finding character references. Ive had some sent off but have heard no reply and this has been nearly 2 months.
broke a toe in 2008, didn't get in till november 2010 so have a bit of patience.
I was one of the lucky ones I reckon. My doctor took about 3 weeks if I remember correctly. You tried going in and giving him a bj? Clearly worked for me!
Ash you looking forward to the only medal your going to get?
Oh i thought HCav were getting them no matter how long you've been in.
I was quite lucky as my mum works in the doctors as a receptionist so she managed to rush it through and sent the papers off a day after I got them, still had to wait 5 weeks before I heard back from them though
I always thought Docs had some smarts, but mine returned my medical form in the wrong envelope, cnut. Pester, pester and persevere with the pestering until the docs pulled his or her self-righteous head out of his or her self-righteous arse.
As has already been said, it takes time. in truth though, if you have no adverse medical history it should go through really quickly. The army docs are pretty rapid getting them pushed through if there,s no issues, its your local gp who's a cnut. The ******* get paid for filling in that piece of paper, you'd think they'd have the decency to be prompt. Mine took about 2 weeks which shocked even me!!
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads