Joining Process & Pay

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Lallen08, Jan 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've passed my TA Medical and have been told that I will start attending every week. The problem is how does the Pay work? Will my Pay start when I start next week or will it start when I've completed Basic and start Trade Training?

I'm joining 3 R ANGLIAN by the way.

2. Once you're in you get paid for what you do, at the rate for your rank.

If you remember to sign the pay sheets.

If this is a wah, I apologise, drink taken.

3. ''Once you're in you get paid for what you do''

...do you mean the sessions you attend?

4. Do the TA get paid? I thought they did it for fun and National Pride??

5. I'm led to believe it is once you are attested. Make sure you remember to complete the pay sheet!

6. Thats right, once your attested you will start to get paid, providing you sign the sheet :D

ohh and don't bank on getting paid stright away, ive been in since November and ive not seen a penny yet and am on weekend 3 of my Basic :(

(and yes all my paperwork is in order and yes ive been signing my pay sheets :p)

7. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

And have you raised the issue with your PSAO/Admin clerk? I have lost count of the number of times people complain about pay to everyone apart from the people who can actually do something about it!

8. msr

msr LE

9. Actually yes I did last Tue so its in the process of being sorted, hopefully! I have got a blank payslip through which apparently is a good indicator that I am on the systems etc.. so end of Jan I should see some hard earned £££ lol

10. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Point proven.

Granted in your case Christmas leave would have prevented you sorting it out much earlier, but it is usually capable of being sorted in relatively short order - once they are aware of the problem.

11. You might want to change your username PERSEC :wink:

12. msr

msr LE

Hardly :roll:

13. I've been in the same time and also haven't been paid yet, looking forward to that chunky cheque at end of the month! =D