Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joining National Units?

Any one have any idea whether it's possible for join the Royal Artillery National Unit based at the National Reserves HQ Royal Artillery (I'm based in LDN)? Looking at joining the reserves and joining a national unit would be much easier for me in terms of time commitment as I wouldn't be able to make every/in certain parts of the year potentially most, weekly drill nights due to civ work commitments. Mentioned this to the local unit I was potentially interested in joining and although they said in principle it's understandable provided you have notified someone in advance and do make an effort to attend, I don't want to be that guy who rarely turns up.

Would be good to hear if anyone has an answer - tried calling them (but understandably no answer due to C19) and can't seem to find any other way of contacting them.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Any one have any idea whether it's possible for join the Royal Artillery National Unit based at the National Reserves HQ Royal Artillery (I'm based in LDN)? Looking at joining the reserves and joining a national unit would be much easier for me in terms of time commitment as I wouldn't be able to make every/in certain parts of the year potentially most, weekly training sessions due to civ work commitments. Mentioned this to the local unit I was potentially interested in joining and although they said in principle it's understandable provided you have notified someone in advance and do make an effort to attend, I don't want to be that guy who rarely turns up.

Would be good to hear if anyone has an answer - tried calling them (but understandably no answer due to C9) and can't seem to find any other way of contacting them.

Thanks!

Drop me a PM.

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Nice crowd of people at Woolwich with the opportunity to find some interesting training and more.

It’s only the All Arms Watchkeepers pool that’s at Woolwich now. 221 Battery are now at Larkhill, and the elite super-ally, rootinest-tootinest, tier 5 SF elect, body of men that is 255 TACP Bty are at Bath. The 255 Bty mega-warriors however, recruit nationally, but on regional conditions, ie min 27 days, not 19. Many only do weekends and exercises, though, as they’re too widespread to attend weekday drill nights. Having said that, our training is currently being done remotely using the Discord app.