Joining military questions...

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by ailz, Aug 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I want to join thre army after school, im doing my last year in school and im a female. Amyway, i was wondering if you can apply while you are finishing school? Also what is officer training like? =-D

2. Lots of females join-up with the army whilst still at school.
    Orifice training changes all the time.
    You´ll get the most up-to-date version when joining-up.

3. thank you :grin:

4. Bowmore_Assassin

Bowmore_Assassin LE Moderator Book Reviewer

I recommend you read through the threads on ARRSE under the Regular Officer Recruiting banner to start. Contacting a recruiting office would also be a good move. Then come back with any questions you have.

Good luck.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

5. "An Officer and a Gentlewoman: The Making of a Female British Army Officer" might be worth a read, should give you a decent insight into what Sandhurst is like from the female perspective, though some of it will be out of date as it was written in 2007.

6. Got my first interview for the paras on the 16th. It sounds stupid but what should i be wearing to it?

7. PM'd you.

8. Sure i will have a look at the other threads thanks

9. Dinnerz could you also PM me your response?

10. Done.

11. If you've got questions about joining the Army, best ask down at the Recruiting Centre as most of us here left the Army years ago, whilst the remainder have never actually been in the Army.

12. For those of you wondering why the dress code is so secret it can only be revealed by PM it isn't. A suit with a plain shirt and tie, polished leather shoes. Ladies may wear the female equivalent.

13. The pm is a link to a thread - I can't post the link on this thread for some reason.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)