Joining Instructions - Getting ruder?

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by ChickVonFlick, Jun 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Perhaps it's just me, but having been on a number of courses recently, I've received a lot of the pre-course joining instructions with all the usual annexes, maps and what have you.

In recent years, I've noticed the tone of these instructions is getting more aggressive and bordering on downright rude.

sentences such as...

"immediately acknowledge receipt of this letter"

....seem to becoming more the norm. Who the feck do you think you are talking to?

The senders of these letters are civil servants, who through this system of introducing them as "captain equivalents", "one star civil servant" are beginning to believe they can talk to people however they like.
  2. Maybe they're becoming agressive in tone because the authors are fed up with folk playing lip-service to the instructions. If you don't listen when told nicely, then you'll damn well listen if you're being shouted at.

Don't like it?

Tell it to the Padre...
  3. You WILL cease writing posts like this.

4. Whats rude about that?
  5. If you believe that is an acceptable way to behave, don't you mean "shout it at the Padre?"
  6. Funnily enough, this is how every instruction in the army is delivered; it's a proven fact that people move faster through bollocking than encouragement.
  7. Course joining instructions usually get sat on for a week or so, then faxed back as and when I have time.

'Immediately' clearly meaning 'Immediately after I can be arrsed...'
  8. Is it me or are they irrrelevant anyway. I remember religiously following them to the leter, yet the day of the reception there was always some rocket that turned up out the blue and looks as if he has no clue of what course he is about to fail! :twisted: