Joining infantry while at college?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Konsigliare, Jul 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. account closed
  2. Anyone alive out there?
  3. and your question is.................waht (emphasis on the wah ) exactly ? hmmmm ?
  4. Would I be taken into the TA whilst at school and is it reasonable to do so?
  5. Do you mean whilst at college ? Are you at college or at school ? Have you been in the ACF ?
  6. My 'learning establishment' is called (Town name) College, so whichever suits, I'm doing A-levels and it is 5 days a week until 3.30.
    Yes I'm currently in the ACF as a Cadet Cpl
  7. Best look up The Iron Duke on here - best placed to answer your questions...good luck with it...JD
  8. Could you elaborate on that a little bit?

Edit: in particular the iron duke
  9. I was in the TA whilst at 6th Form although that was in 1986. I sacked my A-levels and went Regular shortly after TA basic training.

The only problem you may have is commitment when revision time comes along.
  10. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

i did. As long as you are over 17 and a bit they will accept you.

Adult head on now. Make sure you take priorities on board. I joined in my second year of a levels and instead of revising i got stuck properly into ta. Result was 3 failed a levels and 2 wasted years. In hindsight... Actually would prob do the same but take the point ok?
  11. Regular poster known as The Iron Duke - knows all about enlisting/applications so worth getting in touch.
  12. I'm doing so. Like you just finished first year of A-Levels and I've just completed my phase 1 training. Get a move on!
  13. Race ya to field marshall then old boy