• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

joining infantry,but also have a trade.

I'm joining the infantry and I've got a joinery nvq,good idea??
Or do a few years in the rifles and go R.E later on?
Any help or advice from people in the same situation would be very much appreciated.

P.S I was a bit bored of woodworking.

serious answers please.

staines said:
I'm joining the infantry and I've got a joinery nvq,good idea??
Or do a few years in the rifles and go R.E later on?
Any help or advice from people in the same situation would be very much appreciated.

P.S I was a bit bored of woodworking.

serious answers please.
Go for it mate,I had a trade prior to joining up,did 22 years and went back to my trade when I left

Z

Zarathustra

I'm not sure how other Battalions work but we have a pioneer shop (separate from the assault pioneers). They do things like sign writing, picture framing etc. In Kenya they spent 6 weeks building a roof for an orphanage. They also spend alot of time going to a local college learning various things (not sure if these courses are paid for by the unit or if they have to use their learning credits.

Gungythree said:
Old ladies are harder than you think,feckin squeeling cows,some are as tough as 2 Para lads :D :D
I'll give you a tip mate, stand at the back of the bingo hall, eyeball the old girl who wins the most, and mug her on her way home, easy money :D

SickNorman said:
Gungythree said:
Old ladies are harder than you think,feckin squeeling cows,some are as tough as 2 Para lads :D :D
I'll give you a tip mate, stand at the back of the bingo hall, eyeball the old girl who wins the most, and mug her on her way home, easy money :D
I did that but the Vicar is not best pleased,what a fuss over a teddy bear :)

Latest Threads