joining infantry,but also have a trade.

I'm joining the infantry and I've got a joinery nvq,good idea??
Or do a few years in the rifles and go R.E later on?
Any help or advice from people in the same situation would be very much appreciated.

P.S I was a bit bored of woodworking.

serious answers please.

staines said:
I'm joining the infantry and I've got a joinery nvq,good idea??
Or do a few years in the rifles and go R.E later on?
Any help or advice from people in the same situation would be very much appreciated.

P.S I was a bit bored of woodworking.

serious answers please.
Go for it mate,I had a trade prior to joining up,did 22 years and went back to my trade when I left

Z

Zarathustra

I'm not sure how other Battalions work but we have a pioneer shop (separate from the assault pioneers). They do things like sign writing, picture framing etc. In Kenya they spent 6 weeks building a roof for an orphanage. They also spend alot of time going to a local college learning various things (not sure if these courses are paid for by the unit or if they have to use their learning credits.

Gungythree said:
Old ladies are harder than you think,feckin squeeling cows,some are as tough as 2 Para lads :D :D
I'll give you a tip mate, stand at the back of the bingo hall, eyeball the old girl who wins the most, and mug her on her way home, easy money :D

SickNorman said:
Gungythree said:
Old ladies are harder than you think,feckin squeeling cows,some are as tough as 2 Para lads :D :D
I'll give you a tip mate, stand at the back of the bingo hall, eyeball the old girl who wins the most, and mug her on her way home, easy money :D
I did that but the Vicar is not best pleased,what a fuss over a teddy bear :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Infantry 4
Exinfanteer99 Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment 44
JohnWSOP Infantry 1