joining infantry,but also have a trade.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by staines, Jun 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm joining the infantry and I've got a joinery nvq,good idea??
    Or do a few years in the rifles and go R.E later on?
    Any help or advice from people in the same situation would be very much appreciated.

P.S I was a bit bored of woodworking.

serious answers please.

2. Go for it mate,I had a trade prior to joining up,did 22 years and went back to my trade when I left

3. yeah that's what i was tinking,just hope i don't forget it! lol
    what trade have you got?

4. I'm not sure how other Battalions work but we have a pioneer shop (separate from the assault pioneers). They do things like sign writing, picture framing etc. In Kenya they spent 6 weeks building a roof for an orphanage. They also spend alot of time going to a local college learning various things (not sure if these courses are paid for by the unit or if they have to use their learning credits.

5. Robbing old ladies is not what he meant, Gungy
    :)

6. I was fitter/turner,after demob went to a skill centre for a couple of months to do CNC turning and milling

7. Old ladies are harder than you think,feckin squeeling cows,some are as tough as 2 Para lads :D :D

8. I'll give you a tip mate, stand at the back of the bingo hall, eyeball the old girl who wins the most, and mug her on her way home, easy money :D

9. LMAO!

10. I did that but the Vicar is not best pleased,what a fuss over a teddy bear :)