• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Joining in a month, wana go rifles!

I'm on the list to join the REME as a VM very soon, i've got my start date for Phase 1 training on the 26th o feb.

Only problem is I want to join the Rifles and be a full time soldier.

Basically I put my name down to join the REME instead of Infantry to keep my parents happy 'cause they didn't like the Rifles idea too much, but being this close to leaving I realised if I join the REME i'll end up looking at the infantry lads gettin stuck in and wishing I was part of it.

I picked VM as a trade cause I like to mess about with cars, but i can't see myself doin it for the rest of my life. I know I could be a damn good soldier if I go Rifles and It's what I want to spend the best part of my life doing.

Is it too late to go to my recruiter and ask to be moved to Infantry? Will my date get put back? Please help!

Not sure you're meant for the rifles based on your post... You chose REME simply because your parents didn't like the rifles? Infantry have to be strong-minded and dedicated, rather than being swayed by the preference of the few people in life who would probably support you no matter what you did.

Good luck either way.

Not sure you're meant for the rifles based on your post... You chose REME simply because your parents didn't like the rifles? Infantry have to be strong-minded and dedicated, rather than being swayed by the preference of the few people in life who would probably support you no matter what you did.

Good luck either way.
nah i'm meant for the rifles mate that's why im joining em :)

Z

Zarathustra

chose VM cause cause I got a little exp with cars and was basically persuaded to join it (my bad) then realised no I want to join rifles.
Not answered my other question, have you spoken to your recruiter and has he said it is possible change to the Rifles?

If you don't do wot YOU want............then you will regret it later. Go and see the army careers office, and get your application changed to the rifles.

Your the guy who has to do the job..........not anyone else

Not answered my other question, have you spoken to your recruiter and has he said it is possible change to the Rifles?
No i havn't. I'm writing down what i want to say to the recruiter first so i can go in with concrete reasons, instead of going in and being like "uhahh..". I should be able to change to the Rifles because i havn't signed anything yet, fingers crossed!

Z

Zarathustra

No i havn't. I'm writing down what i want to say to the recruiter first so i can go in with concrete reasons, instead of going in and being like "uhahh..". I should be able to change to the Rifles because i havn't signed anything yet, fingers crossed!
You start training in a month, you say you really really really want to be in the Rifles yet you still havent been to speak your recruiter, or even phoned him? I smell a wind up and not a very good one 2/10

You start training in a month, you say you really really really want to be in the Rifles yet you still havent been to speak your recruiter, or even phoned him? I smell a wind up and not a very good one 2/10
No, not a wind up. I know i've left it late but that's wht i'm trying to sort out.

I said form the begining (first post) "Is it too late to go to my recruiter and ask to be moved to Infantry? Will my date get put back? Please help!"

Latest Threads