• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Joining From Overseas

Forgive my curiosity, one more year of post secondary? 18 years of age? At what age did one enter university, and what would one be reading? Obviously one may discount a BA in "Reading, Writing, Grammer, and the Spelling of Really Big Words"

NazyFan said:
Just quick, no worries.

-I will have only one year of post secondary left (would like to finish it in Britain (I guess probubly the english education system), through adult ed or however (will take long as I will be in the armed forces at same time (years to finish one year of school).

-I am canadian

-I will be 18

-Was just wondering how long the overseas selection process ussually takes.

-The most important question (the other are mainly to set my mind at ease). I have a orthodontic retainer (I know.....) anyone with a retainer will know that they have to wear it for years part time afterwords.

But I was wondering would the army (infantry) refuse my entry once they found out I have (or had) a retainer even though I need not wear it when told I cant (ie on operations)

Heres some info ont he reatiner:

-Only had to wear it "full time" for 1 month (actually 25 days)

-Would stop wearing it when it was deemed a burden or danger (Ie during operations or training)

-I will ONLY ever have to wear it at night for (at least apperntly) 6 hours.

-If I was told that I ever could not wear it for a certain amount of time I would leave it in my quaters in a little box, no problem.
I thinkfor many trades, you need 3 years residence in the UK as a minimum before application.

So the best course would probably be to apply after you start your education in the UK.

Accidental_discharge said:
Forgive my curiosity, one more year of post secondary? 18 years of age? At what age did one enter university, and what would one be reading? Obviously one may discount a BA in "Reading, Writing, Grammer, and the Spelling of Really Big Words"[/quote]

Ahhhh clever, I see what you've done there.

Well he removed his post but I'm South African so it's possible to join as foreign birth but then my Irish passport and my over 5 years of residence does help :p

Ozduke said:
Accidental_discharge said:
Forgive my curiosity, one more year of post secondary? 18 years of age? At what age did one enter university, and what would one be reading? Obviously one may discount a BA in "Reading, Writing, Grammer, and the Spelling of Really Big Words"[/quote]

Ahhhh clever, I see what you've done there.
Grammar :wink:

Latest Threads