joining at 28 with a family

Are your family reluctant to follow you around?

Is Southampton area any good to you?

17 Port & Maritime Regt RLC are located near Southampton.

Mariner, Port Operator and Marine Engineer are all trades that don’t move much from there and really good trades to have.
Sport and past time?

Mariner, Port Operator and Marine Engineer are all trades that don’t move much from there and really good trades to have.
No im more somerset, thanks though! I know the rifles have dets an hour or so's drive either side of me, likely my best bet for local!

Oh, well if we're recruiting: 3 MI Bn, 5 MI Bn, 6 MI Bn and 7 MI Bn.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
This sounds like a lot of people hoping that the Army will right their personal wrongs and professional dissatisfactions. The Army is not a place of last resort for thirty somethings nor is it a good place to have a premature mid-life crisis. Not only will you not find whatever it is you think your going to find, you're going to waste a lot of people's time, including your own and, from the sound of it, drag wives and children through the mud as you dream the impossible dream.

As others have said, there's the Reserves. If you don't like that, you really won't like being at the bottom of the Regular heap, and your family will like it even less.

Latest Threads