joining as EOD/Search

Afternoon/evening all,
this is on behalf of a friend wanting to join the military on something i have no idea about and he is wanting to do research before going into his career office.

The question is
can you join 36 engineers as a HR searcher or 33 engineers as part of a EODteam straight off or any anything of the like? or must you do a trade first?
so basic training,
followed by phase 2 as combat engineer
then search/eod or trade?

cheers all

Afternoon/evening all,
this is on behalf of a friend wanting to join the military on something i have no idea about and he is wanting to do research before going into his career office.

The question is
can you join 36 engineers as a HR searcher or 33 engineers as part of a EODteam straight off or any anything of the like? or must you do a trade first?
so basic training,
followed by phase 2 as combat engineer
then search/eod or trade?

cheers all
He'd make a shit searcher if he cant use google and the ARRSE search function to find this information out himself.

What aspect, exactly, is he interested in, because there is another option, one that's suave, full of panache, oozes sex appeal and gets you a pretty little badge. (not to mention we do over 90% of EOD).

What aspect, exactly, is he interested in, because there is another option, one that's suave, full of panache, oozes sex appeal and gets you a pretty little badge. (not to mention we do over 90% of EOD).
Yep, but at the end of the day you are part of the RLC :thumright: For the original poster, you can do bomb disposal as a trade in the sappers, however It would be a lot more sensible to actually get something you can use far more easily on the outside and then volunteer afterwards for EOD.
Or as Dinger said, have a bash at his mob, the ATO crews are a good bunch.

Yep, but at the end of the day you are part of the RLC :thumright: For the original poster, you can do bomb disposal as a trade in the sappers, however It would be a lot more sensible to actually get something you can use far more easily on the outside and then volunteer afterwards for EOD.
Indeed so, but "suave" and "panache?" That sounds more like a cavalry mob!

My bold: Out of interest have things changed recently then? Used to be the case that you had a trade first then spec traded (???) EOD.

My bold: Out of interest have things changed recently then? Used to be the case that you had a trade first then spec traded (???) EOD.
he is under the impression you can join as a high risk searcher or EOD, at either 33 or 36 regiments or something? i dont know who he has spoken to but hey ho, im just a simple man.

oh and he is aware of ammo tech but i dont think he has the grades.