• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Joining as an officer

Just before I go and make an arrse of myself someone with more knowledge than me help me out.

Am I right in saying that you cant join a UKSF (R) unit as an officer having had no previous army service?
You have to start at the bottom and work your way up, unless your already holding your commision?

:?: :?:

Enlistment rules for SF vary from time-to-time (allegedly :D). Suggest you contact the unit you intend trying out with and ask them directly.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

dev111 said:
Am I right in thinking that you cant join any inf unit direct as an officer? or is that just regs? =\
Being good Officer material you have, of course, noticed that there is a seperate Recruitment Subforum haven't you?

Oh and you are aware of the small matter of the TA Commissioning Course?

Mind you, could be a typical young Officer: why bother searching for info when you can just shout and have it brought to you on a tray :roll:

Pob02

War Hero
Book Reviewer
abacus said:
dev111 said:
Am I right in thinking that you cant join any inf unit direct as an officer? or is that just regs? =\
Being good Officer material you have, of course, noticed that there is a seperate Recruitment Subforum haven't you?

Mind you, could be a typical young Officer: why bother searching for info when you can just shout and have it brought to you on a tray :roll:
Complete with smack round back of the head ? :roll:

abacus said:
dev111 said:

not getting cynical after 2 years training Potential Officers are we abacus old chap :lol: :lol:

Latest Threads