Joining as an Officer- From the start.

I am currently in the process of applying to become an officer. At this very moment I am filling out my application form and was just wondering if there is anything specific (obviously there is) that they are looking for. Or is it just the basic entry requirements? E.g:

Is work experience important?

Is a wide range of varied skills important?

Also, when going to Interview does anyone have any tips and advice.

I know there has probably been hundreds of posts on this topic but I cannot find any that help with the application form.

Thanks

Use the search function.

I am currently in the process of applying to become an officer. At this very moment I am filling out my application form and was just wondering if there is anything specific (obviously there is) that they are looking for. Or is it just the basic entry requirements? E.g:

Is work experience important?

Is a wide range of varied skills important?

Also, when going to Interview does anyone have any tips and advice.

I know there has probably been hundreds of posts on this topic but I cannot find any that help with the application form.

Thanks
Amazing..does it have a 'position applied for' section.. Officer/ WO1/2/ NCO/ Squaddie, tick appropriate box..!! :)

Is work experience important? No - It doesn't do any harm to have any but I had none and it wasn't mentioned. Just ensure that you make an effort to get some form of experience after starting your application, this way it shows a desire to improve your current knowledge.

Is a wide range of varied skills important? They're looking for the raw materials that can be remoulded and applied at Sandhurst to train you in to an officer, so long as you show potential leadership skills, logical approach to problems and can follow simple rules then you should be fine. If they required everyone to have a list of NVQ or other practical skills then they'd massively limit their potential candidates.
Also, when going to Interview does anyone have any tips and advice. - Wear a suit, be yourself (seriously, they can tell those who are trying to portray what they think is the perfect officer) make sure you can answer the simple question of Why?I know there has probably been hundreds of posts on this topic but I cannot find any that help with the application form.

Thanks
See above ^

Latest Threads