Joining as an Adult Instructor?

Discussion in 'OTC and ACF' started by roast_potato, Aug 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

I've got a mate (no, really!) who's after joining his local ACF as an instructor and (because he hates forums) has asked me to find out how just how much attention is paid towards formal cautions from 'the fuzz' that get found out on the enhanced CRB checks.

Don't worry, it's not violent or abusive. The long and short of it is that, on a night out, he found himself in an abandoned warehouse, and then in a nice white cell for the night. It didn't go any further that that, but the fellow is concerned that it might wreck his chances?

Any info on how this all works would be appreciated as I'm not really sure what I'm asking. Apparently there's an interview with the county ACF commandant?

Thanks,

2. It depends on what the caution was for, you'll have to be a little more explanatory than that, the long and short of it is basically anything you don't declare will be picked up on so its best to declare everything.

I'd just had my interview with my local company commander tonight and he's made it very clear about the CRB, bearing in mind I've been an ATC civilian instructor for a year-ish plus worked on camp america program for 2010 summer, etc should be ok.

3. Only just joined this so sorry for the delay.

Anything found on a CRB/PVG check will be assessed on exactly what the crime/caution was.

The main thing that will prevent you from passing the CRB/PVG is if it isn't declared or if it is a violent crime or a crime against children (for obvious reasons).

4. 'Sorry for the delay' - it's been 3 years. But I'm sure the OP is glad to finally have an answer and can stop sitting on the edge of his seat.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Yes it has been 3 years but I am new to the site and have only just found out about ACF forums on here. I hope the OP can sleep better at nigh though, thanks for your reply as I have always appreciated positive feedback from others.