Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joining as Ammunition Technician?

Ditts

Old-Salt
I'm currently thinking about joining up and am interested in the EOD trade. Does anyone know if it's currently recruiting? I know there's not much operational demand at the moment.

Also, what locations are current postings? I know the DM sites obviously Kineton, Gosport, Beith, Longtown and Northern Ireland. Is there anywhere else?

Last edited:
It was a really informative post. Know anything about 531 and Ammo Tech / Ammo Spec stabbery in general?

531 Ammo Tech Support Sqn? Gone; around 6-7 years ago. Abandoned by HQ RLC TA as it didn't roll on big rubber wheels!!!

Thanks for the info! This is my first job choice. I got C's in maths and english and a DD in double award science. I'm hoping this won't hold me back. Does anyone know how difficult the mathmatical or academic side of things is for an AT after BARB?

thiswayup

Old-Salt
I'm as thick as feck and I did alright.............

No need for the usual sarcastic comments from the rest of you......move along nothing to reply to here!

Thanks for the info! This is my first job choice. I got C's in maths and english and a DD in double award science. I'm hoping this won't hold me back. Does anyone know how difficult the mathmatical or academic side of things is for an AT after BARB?

It's mostly a memory and referencing game, there are a couple of mathematical formula to remember, but nothing difficult.

Work hard and you won't have a problem.

If I may express an opinion ... Sigint is IMHO likely to be the same oxygen thief who tried to get the press interested in Shrek previously, was an AT No2 then got sacked for being a bell end. It's the same song on here so I'm happy for him to prove me wrong For the none-too-interested out there the allegation was investigated by the service and found to have no grounds, his award was well deserved.
I have just joined this site having been alerted to this post by a friend who is writing a piece on MC awardees. I strongly suggest you retract this statement. Your name rings a bell so I will be in touch via my solicitor.

I have just joined this site having been alerted to this post by a friend who is writing a piece on MC awardees. I strongly suggest you retract this statement. Your name rings a bell so I will be in touch via my solicitor.

Are you sure you have quoted the correct post? You seem to have taken offence at the people defending the awarding of decorations.

For what?

58954615-pint-of-beer-and-popcorn-with-space-for-text.jpg

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer

Err...

So you as an anonymous poster are referencing another anonymous poster who has mentioned another largely anonymous person that most people on this site couldn't identify and threatening to sue said second anonymous poster.

Are you related to the
AT No2 [that] then got sacked for being a bell end

by any chance?

Wordsmith

Are you sure you have quoted the correct post? You seem to have taken offence at the people defending the awarding of decorations.
No I took offence to someone suggesting it was me that besmirched a decorated person. It matters not as I have messaged “trollage”directly. Endex for this post.

No I took offence to someone suggesting it was me that besmirched a decorated person. It matters not as I have messaged “trollage”directly. Endex for this post.
So you are the oxygen thief who went to the media, good job at getting sacked then for being a prat.....

HLD DMR. Aren’t you in breach of your bail conditions having access to the internet?? ******* retard keep your ill informed opinions to yourself.

You appear a little fragile for ARRSE, you should leave and join MUSMNET.

Don’t bother threatening me with your solicitor, mines bigger than yours and doesn’t cost me anything.

HLD DMR. Aren’t you in breach of your bail conditions having access to the internet?? ******* retard keep your ill informed opinions to yourself.
How did you read the post if you declared endex on this post? You gonna run to the media or your solicitor and report my comment? FYI, being called a *******retard by an oxygen thief bellend who got shown the door is kinda funny, now run along and flounce little fella....