Joining as a physio

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by chickadee, Apr 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are there any army physios out there who wouldn't mind answering a few questions about the job? I'm a student at the moment and I want to find out a bit more about the type of work and the lifestyle.
    Cheers

2. Drop me a PM and I will do my best to answer any questions you may have. :?

3. Oops, sorry! I misread the thread title. I thought it said: "Joining as a psycho!". My apologies. :D

MsG

4. Could I add to this question on behalf of a civi friend and ask please for brief description of what sort of job a TA physio would do? Don't know what questions to ask as I'm not a physio! She has been qualified for about a year and a half and is looking at either B Squadron 202 at Birmingham or A Squadron 243 at Bristol. She has no prior military experience.

Cheers

TFA

5. Three physios from my unit deployed on Herrick and basically did their job in the rehab area of the hospital at Bastion. one joined as a reg (though not as a physio) and another has gone out again for a second tour.

Fundamentally the same job as in the NHS, just in Afghanistan or wherever we get sent to next. i know our three found it very rewarding.