Joining as a muslim at the moment

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Ganhad, May 22, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. would it be a good idea to apply now after this stupid act? a few of my mates were thinking of applying as a officers after getting our results we feel a bit perturbed that we will get some extra stick for being muslims after looking at some of the reactions . sorry of if this isnt the right place to apply.
  2. No you'll be fine to apply.
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Only idiots would treat you as such. If its what you want to do, go for it
    • Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. I wouldn't let this stand in your way. There are rather a lot of Irish Officers in the Army as well. Their fellow countrymen did things equally as bad during The Troubles and it didn't effect them. The only advice I would give you (purely from a Personal Security side) is be careful who you tell within your Community. As with the Irish Officers / Soldiers , a leak in the wrong ear can have terrible consequences.
    • Like Like x 5
  5. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Welcome, is the response you would be given!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. No, the Army careers office will be closed. Go tommorow morning.
    • Like Like x 11
  7. I genuinely don't think there would be a problem. This site attracts the never-did, bitter, right-wing idiots that are not representative of the British army. There are Muslins, Jews, Atheists (hurrah!), Christians, Buddihsts and more (thats just my company of 116 men & women), its not a drama.

There are nutters in the Army who will dislike you 'just because', but thankfully they're few and far between - probably less than in many trades in the civilian world.

Whatever your final decision, good luck!
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash War Hero Moderator

A) If you're a journo hoping for a rise, please feel free to sod off at high port.

B) If you're genuine, it won't make a ha'penworth of difference. You will be judged on you ability to lead, whether you be Muslim, Jew, Christian, Atheist or Zoroastrian*.

* However, getting over excited at hexi-telly if you do use fire as a focus of worship whilst trying to be tactically quiet may be frowned upon and you may be asked to curtail activities until the danger of detection by light has passed.
    • Like Like x 5
  9. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

if my brothers intake was anything to go by you will be welcomed as an asset, so good luck.
  10. Were you. I think you would fail on your grammar. Your post is simply to create reaction on a very bad day. Run along now shall you.
  11. awesome thank you for the reassuring responses.
  12. No problem and welcome to the forum.
  13. I'll bet on A or my B - crass sockpuppet
  14. Not exactly a shining light in the grammar dept yourself! No question mark at the end of the first sentence and the second sentence makes no sense. Cock!
    • Like Like x 5