Joining as a Metalsmith

LewisR

Crow
Hi guys,

I'm looking to join the REME as a metalsmith in May. One thing I haven't been able to find out, is what my time would be spent doing. One thread mentioned that unless you're top of your trade class, you'll spend most your time "ogying". I can't see anywhere what this means. Would it mean being assigned to other regiments; engineers, infantry, etc. as a individiual or small team?
Just want a really good idea of what I'm getting into.

Thanks in advance.

These things get asked on a regular basis. Here's one thread from a long time ago which could answer your query
REME Metalsmith

You may find others if you put metalsmith in the search box

urban_spaceman

War Hero
It doesn’t matter what happens in our war against Iran, N Korea, Wales etc.
The only thing that matters is how you build a Bar-B-Q

"ogying" is a slang term for getting 'bummed' by transvestites - otherwise known as the RLC..... When not making bendy things and sticking them together with hot metal - you'll be expected to wear dresses and makeup because that's what the Army and general population (down London way), seems to be doing nowadays - according to the BBC and left wing media outlets.

Not like in my day - when we went to wars and killed people or seriously pissed them off for a living.

soleil

War Hero
Hi guys,

I'm looking to join the REME as a metalsmith in May. One thing I haven't been able to find out, is what my time would be spent doing. One thread mentioned that unless you're top of your trade class, you'll spend most your time "ogying". I can't see anywhere what this means. Would it mean being assigned to other regiments; engineers, infantry, etc. as a individiual or small team?
Just want a really good idea of what I'm getting into.

Thanks in advance.

Latest Threads