Joining as a Metalsmith

LewisR

Crow
Hi guys,

I'm looking to join the REME as a metalsmith in May. One thing I haven't been able to find out, is what my time would be spent doing. One thread mentioned that unless you're top of your trade class, you'll spend most your time "ogying". I can't see anywhere what this means. Would it mean being assigned to other regiments; engineers, infantry, etc. as a individiual or small team?
Just want a really good idea of what I'm getting into.

Thanks in advance.

These things get asked on a regular basis. Here's one thread from a long time ago which could answer your query
REME Metalsmith

You may find others if you put metalsmith in the search box

It doesn’t matter what happens in our war against Iran, N Korea, Wales etc.
The only thing that matters is how you build a Bar-B-Q

"ogying" is a slang term for getting 'bummed' by transvestites - otherwise known as the RLC..... When not making bendy things and sticking them together with hot metal - you'll be expected to wear dresses and makeup because that's what the Army and general population (down London way), seems to be doing nowadays - according to the BBC and left wing media outlets.

Not like in my day - when we went to wars and killed people or seriously pissed them off for a living.

soleil

War Hero
Hi guys,

I'm looking to join the REME as a metalsmith in May. One thing I haven't been able to find out, is what my time would be spent doing. One thread mentioned that unless you're top of your trade class, you'll spend most your time "ogying". I can't see anywhere what this means. Would it mean being assigned to other regiments; engineers, infantry, etc. as a individiual or small team?
Just want a really good idea of what I'm getting into.

Thanks in advance.