Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Joining as a foreigner volunteer (not common wealth)

Juice

Swinger
Hey guys,

I'm a Lithuanian national (EU), been living in England for about 9 years since I was 17, love the country want to do my bit for it and also become a soldier. I will apply for a British passport soon, until then, I want to join the reserves and train on weekends or evenings while I work. I've been down the recruiting office about a year ago, and I remember one officer mentioning, that it is possible to join without pay and volunteer without a British passport, seeing if anyone could confirm this.

Can't go down the recruiting office at the moment, I'm doing an internship in Germany, still got 3 months to go before I'm back. Thanks in advance.

I would not think so.

Be patient and wait for the British passport. A friend of mine who is German did a PhD that put him in high demand with certain people but, first he had to get a British passport. He is happily employed now.

Good luck.

Yes you can, as long as you can satisfy you've been residing here for over 5 years, which shouldn't be hard seeing as how you state you've been here 9.