joining army ex heroin addict advice please

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by athompson, Sep 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi I want to join the army and need some advice regarding my past drug problem.
    about 7 years ago I became adicted to heroin and after a few months I was prescribed methadone to help kick the habit, which I did within a few months. Since then I have not touhed any drugs.

Do I have to disclose this and will the recruitment ppl find out via my medical records if i dont, and if they do will they refuse me.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks, Andy.
  2. Yes you do, yes they will. Adios.
  3. *

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Forestero, for the love of God......

Where do we find them?
  5. How does the army still ahve a reputation for "we'll take anyone"

We are in the middle of cuts, and have been shrinking year on year for thirty odd years, where do these mongoloids get the idea that there is a job for them?

(- I got hte idea there was a Job for me because the AFCO said there was before anyone asks)
  6. Yeah, well I wanted a pony.
  7. Well so did this bloke and because he had a horse problem hes not going to join.
  8. Could probably find you one. It'll probably have a heroin habit. Is that ok?
  9. It would probably help if you gave the recruiting sergeant's dvd player back and said sorry.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Just explain to the recruiter bloke it was never your fault and you only tried it for a bet in the first, he will entirely sympathise with you.
  11. Ask to join the Royal Regiment of Scotland, you've breezed the entry requirements.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. No mate. He said he was an "ex" addict.
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.