Joining Army As A combat medic at 16

Chizu

Crow
Hey guys. I want to join the army as a combat medic when I'm 16, after my gsces. After I finish this, what are my options for the future? Do I do sixth form or do I go straight to Uni? Need some answers please. I've also considered joining after sixth form. Any ideas?

Issi

War Hero
Do all your exams first and then decide. You've got all the time in the world.

Do all your exams first and then decide. You've got all the time in the world.
What he said. Many of us on here have got boots that are more than 16 years old, so honestly you have plenty of time

@Chizu with my sensible head on I would advise that if you are capable academically then finish your GCSE's, then do the A Level's and then move on to university and do something like physiotherapy, or nursing. Both of those will be welcomed with open arms by the military and probably at officer level - especially if you join the nearest Officer Cadet Training Unit whilst you are at uni. Hey, you might even decide to go the full hog and become a Dr. and then join the army.

Concentrate on getting the best education you can possibly get as well as having a dream job to aim for.

Good luck.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
As Effendi states depending upon your university degree you may be considered overqualified to be a CMT and be guided down a different career path.

As Effendi states depending upon your university degree you may be considered overqualified to be a CMT and be guided down a different career path.
I once chatted with a civvy qualified army doctor who initially tried to enlist as a tankie, as that was his 'fun ambition'.

The recruiters tried to steer him in the obvious direction of the army medical services, but he was adamant, so they compromised and let him drive chieftains for a couple of years on the proviso that the army get to take advantage of his medical quals and experience later.

Truxx

LE
Not sure if this is advice, but good on you. Go for it and don't try to overthink anything.

Just be determined and great at whatever your choice is and everyone, including you, will be the better for it.

Good luck.

Latest Threads