Joining army after changing doctor

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by hendy1992, Jun 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hello all I moved to the Isle of mann from england just transferred my doctor anyway im back in england now because my move to the IOM proved to be a mega flop after just a month (another story) how will this affect my application to the army regarding the rg8 form ? do i get it done by my doctor on the IOM ? quite confused
  2. Just register with your new GP and the NHS will be forwarding all your Med Docs...normally takes between 4-12 weeks then give them the RG8 so that the new GP can get all your med history on the forms.
  3. Surely your current Dr has access to all your previous medical files? If in doubt ask your Dr, I'm sure he/she'll be able to advise you if they have enough info to fill out the form.
  4. With computer records it can often be done straight away these days.
  5. cheers all and i dunno i just don't want it too slow down my app but i think the IOM and NHS have dif medical records will i have to get em all sent ?
  6. no coz tnt or some other clowns might lose them.

    FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

    I think the army will be more concerned that you don't know where you live. I'm no spelling nazi but I will have no truck with those who talk of the Isle of Mann.
  8. My registered address is on the isle of Mann but I was born in England and until a month or two ago lived down hear