Joining - Armoured Corps and Cavalry

Good evening all,

I'm currently going through my recruitment process and I'm a bit lost on what I can do once I join.

I've just finished my interview today, booked my assessment centre for the end of January. Medical records still need to return but I don't have much concern on that.

I gave my first two options today which is tank crewman and then heavy/light cavalry crewman. I have researched more and have seen armoured crewman to be my third.

I am 35 so there is a rush on my application which I totally understand but the one thing that wasn't explained to me was the recruitment process of your choices. If I complete my assessment and basic training but there is no demand for my top 3 choices, what happens then? Do I stay where I am and wait until a position comes up. Do I get put into another role?

Any insight is greatly appreciated,

Thank you

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Good evening all,

I'm currently going through my recruitment process and I'm a bit lost on what I can do once I join.

I've just finished my interview today, booked my assessment centre for the end of January. Medical records still need to return but I don't have much concern on that.

I gave my first two options today which is tank crewman and then heavy/light cavalry crewman. I have researched more and have seen armoured crewman to be my third.

I am 35 so there is a rush on my application which I totally understand but the one thing that wasn't explained to me was the recruitment process of your choices. If I complete my assessment and basic training but there is no demand for my top 3 choices, what happens then? Do I stay where I am and wait until a position comes up. Do I get put into another role?

Any insight is greatly appreciated,

Thank you
You start training as a recruit of [capbadge] so you know your job role before you begin. There may be a delay in when you can start training if that role is over-recruited. If that happens you may be offered (by the recruitment system) a different role instead.

If you fail training for your role, through negotiation / advice from your training staff and the recruitment system, you can be transferred to train for another role, if you want to, and if they deem you suitable.

At basically any point during training you can decide it isn't for you and leave.

Latest Threads