Joining AGC (SPS) as an officer

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by rjv1, Aug 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,
    I'm posting here having stumbled across the site trying to find more information about a possible career in the AGC. I've found that the information that I've been given so far by recruitment offices has been very nicely presented but only seems to show the pros of such a career move. However, I've got a few questions which I don't seem to be able to find the answers to. Firstly, the general materials I have been given seem to give the impression that the AGC officers are able to go on 2-3 year attachments with certain regiments but it doesn't say how you get to specific ones i.e. if I were to be interested in being attached to the Paras is it a simple application procedure or is it based on recommendation and spaces available? Secondly, (and this is purely for my own interest) what is the view on AGC (SPS) officers from those in other regiments? Are they seen as noncy lazy girls who push pens all day? Finally, what are the oppurtunities for civilian qualifications (specifically CIMA)? Are they only available after a certain period of service? Any help with this would be great because I don't think I'm going to get straightforward answers showing any cons from the recruitment teams on some of these issues.
  2. Oh dear.
  3. Ok, can you explain where I've gone wrong and I'll rephrase. Unless this is just in completely the wrong place in which case I'll delete it.
  4. Oh dear oh dear.
  5. Useful, thanks. Anyone else got anything to add beyond oh dear and wah?
  6. Deary, deary me.
  7. Insightful again, thanks.
  8. Don't worry, you'll fit right in! :wink:
  9. Yeah, that's what I don't want which is why I'm asking about the postings to other regiments. I don't want to get stuck in an 'office job'.
  10. Deary, deary, deary me.
  11. Then dont join the AGC :roll:
  12. rjv1 Where did I go wrong?

Your post reads: I'm a girl who wants to serve with the Paras. i don't want an office job.

Got to be a Wah but come on at least make it interesting.........
  13. I'm a bloke and basically I'm not planning on being in the army for my entire working life and want to become an accountant afterwards (basically for the money). I want to join the army in the short to medium term and while in get a chartered accountant qualification which I've read is possible in the AGC. I've also read that it's possible to go on attachment to other regiments where you even get to do real soldiering and I want to know how possible this is.

Also, what the **** is a wah? I've tried searching but can't find anything.
  14. I thought you said you didn’t want an office job?