Joining 4 PARA

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Jumprope, Sep 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello there,

I recently visited 10 company in white city and i've got all my application forms at home and i'm in the process of getting them all filled out.

I have a medical condition that as far as i'm concerned isn't really relevant and shouldn't affect my application too much but i realise the forces are very strict when it comes to medical matters (rightly so). My condition is not mentioned or covered in any way on the medical forms, but they will no doubt get all the details when they request my medical file from my GP.

I was basically wondering if there was any way i could get in touch with the relevant medical people to have a chat with them about this and possibly get some advice or if i should just continue with my application and wait and see?
  2. The answer you will get from anyone on here is, "depends on the condition".
  3. Call Mary? (Admin) at White City they will be able to sort you out failing that go to your GP and request a physical and advice.
  4. Thanks a lot scms, that's quite helpful as i wasn't really sure who a point of contact there would be.
  5. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

The correct point of contact is the ROSO, who was the CSgt giving the brief on your induction night.

Call him to discuss your question, and he will give you the information you need.

6. Good luck son. You are all keen and ready to go. Just go through the

process of joining, they need young blokes as much as you need them.

You will find that they are a good crowd and will steer you in the right

It would be great to hear how you got on in due course.

Edited because the type gets smaller or my eyes get worse.
  7. Im off to the presentaion on the 7th oct, can some tell me what to expect for the first couple of months, ie, working days etc, do i stay over night at the weekends, pay? is it pay after completing p coy?
  8. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

You will be given a start date for your cadre, but will be able to go into the holding platoon once your paperwork is completed, medical passed, TA recruit selection weekend passed etc.

In the holding Pl you will undertake a developmental PT programme designed to ensure that you start the cadre proper in a reasonable state of physical fitness. Holding Pl is Tuesday nights only.

Once you start the main cadre, you will need to attend every Tuesday night, plus at least 9 recruit training weekends prior to the 2 week combat infantry course and P Coy at Catterick.

Attendance is not optional, and is from Friday night until released from duties on Sunday. Once you get the dates, clear your diary for the weekends. Failure to attend means failing the course. Very few who do not attend all of the training ever manage to regain and pass the course.

Pay will start to roll in once the mighty admin computer gets you on line, but you will get back pay.

All of this will be explained in more detail on the 7th.
  9. Do all 4 Para units have Tuesday as their Drill Night, or do some parade on Wednesday? Just curious.
  10. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

All Tuesday - this changed a few years ago to bring 10 Coy in line with the rest of Bn
  11. Cheers, Duke. :)
  12. thanks fpor clearing that up duke, I thought i would only get paid after i go t my wings!!!! Happy days!
  13. Can you just rock up on the 7th for the presentation, or do you have to phone before hand?
  14. I called and was told to turn up after a quick :D chat, best to go to the 4 para website for contact details mate!!!
  15. Managed to speak to someone today, he's sending me out a form for the 25th.